Sunday, July 09, 2006

New Nerds... in the links at the right --->

There are a few new nerds online that are worth a read.

First, there are the Neighborhood Nerds:

The Arts District Loft Nerd has everything that comes with a view from a loft in the Downtown Arts District (not to be confused with the NoHo Arts District)

There is an truly Eastside site of the Montecito Heights Nerd - lots of commentary on LA, music & culture... and Montecito Heights.

And in general, some non-Neighborhood Nerds that have interesting LA-centric sites:

There is an interesting site with an interesting name: the LATaco Nerds. With a taco theme, this group posts great info on food, culture, & sites of LA. Photos abound, and the nuances are quite interesting. Two of my favorite: "Draw" and "The Northwest Corner of LA" which relates to that famous post here.

There are the Married Couple Nerds over at la-stories.blogspot.com - I hope this one lives up to its name!

There is Peter McFerrin, the Transportation Policy, Planning & Development Nerd" (TPPD Nerd), who has an interesting approach to planning & development in LA. (He's got some great perspectives with photos.) He's a Ph.D Student at USC, too!

Finally, the Planning Nerd in Mitch Glaser. (The interaction between Mitch and Peter is quite interesting here and hopefully on other topics to come.)


That's the latest that I've found to be interesting and entertaining. I wish there were more Neighborhood Nerds out there, though, with that extremely local perspective.

5 comments:

Don said...

Thanks for the link. In theory, I should be more local (focusing of course on my neighborhood, Hosekwood, the formerly unnamed area bounded by Beverlywood, South Carthay, South Robertson and Beverly Hills.

Peter McFerrin said...

I think I'm gonna start calling that "Hosekwood" now. Better than "Beverly Hills Adjacent," that's for sure.

Question: is Crestview considered to go all the way north up to Pico, or does it stop somewhere short of that? There are signs for it as far north as Pickford, I know that much.

BTW, I was very disappointed when looking for housing a few months back that I couldn't find anything near the corner of Pickford and Hayworth in Faircrest Heights, for the sole reason that it'd be awesome to tell people that I live near that corner.

Thanks for the blogrolling, LACN.

Mitch Glaser said...

Thanks for your support. I've learned a lot about this city by reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! Click here to see a new manhole cover for your collection.

P. Ashlund said...

OK, I now HAVE to rename my blog about loft living in LA, the Lincoln Heights Nerd Blog! Your site is great! This will be on my must read list starting today.