Thursday, September 07, 2006

Zuma Dogg by any other name...

I am impressed by this post by the outspoken "community advocate" & "council candidate," Zuma Dogg. But my question is this: If he were to run for council, how would we know who to vote for? Many people inside City Hall and in the general public know the name Zuma Dogg, what he stands for, and the points he makes. Eloquent when he chooses to be, humorous when he has to be - Zuma Dogg has name recognition in a limited capacity. But if he truly intends to run for office, he'll have to start from scratch in terms of name recognition.

I don't believe Zuma Dogg can appear on a ballot unless that is his legal name. The ballot would show the name filed on this form, and you have to sign at the bottom that the name is correct.

2 comments:

Zach Behrens said...

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Howard "Buck" McKeon on a ballot before. If that's true, Zuma should be able to do Jeffrey "Zuma Dogg" Lastname.

Zuma Dogg said...

Yeah, yeah...It's Big ZD, from the 213, to clarify the situation and drop some City Clerk knowledge on yo azz...

When you're looking on the ballot in March, just look for two words, "Dogg" and "Zuma" (not necessarily in that order).

Cause you can be homeless and run for city council, and you're fake name can be Zuma Dogg...and that's all the City Clerk's office needs to know, y'all...

So thank you for that excellent concern. It was brought up to me last week by someone concerened if my real name had to appear, instead of ZD, no one would know it was me. So I frantically called the city clerk's office who said all you have to say is Batman/Spiderman...you don't have to say Bruce Wayne/Peter Parker.

Sorry LaBong!

Zuma Dogg...and that's all you need to know, ******!