Thursday, November 30, 2006

My muse worked!

So, I know you all wonder what I do in my free time. Ok, no one does. Well, I'm not sure if Tony finished his 50,000 word novel yet, but I wanted to thank all of you who kept reading this site even when I wasn't posting as often as usual.

See, this City Nerd spent the last 30 days working on cranking out a draft novel for NaNoWriMo. Yep, I was busy writing a very rough draft of a novel that will take months and probably years to edit to the point of even sharing it with close family members. Some day, maybe I'll post an excerpt or two. Ok, that's the one personal post I'll make this year.

Anyway, now it's time to return to the City that inspires us all and which I claim as my muse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a novel in progress on November 1st (which explains the mysterious WC lines at the end of my increasingly rare blog posts) so I decided to try to write 50k words in November. Alas, NaNoWriMo was not so good for me. I hit a mere 9,646 words. Hmm, I should blog this.

Don said...

For some reason last night's post came out anonymous. Just in case it continues, my post on the subject.

Unknown said...

hey city nerd,

congrats!!! it was tough, but worth it, right? now we can both get back to blogging with all our free time now ;)

Christine Z