Wednesday, May 17, 2006

City Budget Passes

As a City Nerd, I should post about the City Budget being passed unanimously yesterday.

But I won't.

Sure, there's a ton of detail that could be picked apart.

But I won't.

I could lament on the fact that practically every department had an increase in funding.

But I won't.

I could say the City has some financial issues that won't be solved by raising fees as the work force increases.

But I won't.

What I will say, though, is that I am sure glad the City is not run like the State, for the City always passes - as required by law - a balanced budget... and on time, too (though usually well in advance of the June 30th deadline).

The City charges forward for another year of spending... how are your tax dollars put to work that affect you directly? Do you even know? How about watching TV (ITA)? Brushing your teeth(Sanitation)? Going to shop and where to park when you get there (Planning & Transportation)? There's so much more; what a great City we live in, even with its flaws. No, seriously. We could be in San Diego...

No comments: