Saturday, May 06, 2006

Tommy's Turns 60! VOTE NOW!!

Shame on all of us LA Bloggersl.

How could we have been remiss in the last months to not share with the world what is happening in Los Angeles on May 15th?

How did we not let our readers know about the contest that affects all Angelenos in the Greater Southern California area and beyond?

We missed mentioning that The Original Tommy's is celebrating 60 years on May 15th, and up until April 23rd, they were searching for the ultimate Tommy's Fan. You can no longer enter the contest now, but you can still vote.

Well, I for one, am very sorry I didn't bring this news to the forfront sooner so you could enter to win (heck, so I could enter to win!), but at least you can still vote for the person you think is the biggest fan.

When you register to vote at the site, you'll see all sorts of stories from all sorts of people. The one I liked best was from a guy named Donald from San Diego. He loves Tommy's so much that he writes:
"As a matter of fact, now, [when] I go to my weight reduction class at Kaiser Permenente on Tuesdays, I always stop by the original Tommy's on Clairemont Mesa Blvd in San Diego after weighing in for the week!"

That's true fandom!

Remember to go celebrate at the original shack on Beverly & Rampart on May 15th!

No comments: