Sunday, December 17, 2006

Nine Crane Salute!

Somebody in Downtown get a camera! I've never been one to be a great photographer, so even though I had a digital camera as I drove up the 110 through downtown today, there's no way I could have captured what I encountered and counted. Just north of Staples, from the 110 looking out over the LA Live project, I saw before me nine cranes at rest. These nine cranes (unless I missed one) were for more than just LA Live, though; they were building the City. Residential construction, entertainment construction, business construction - it was all happening. It was a Nine Crane Salute to the City.

So, quick, someone who's good at these things: go grab a camera, a wide angle lens and a tripod (I assume that's what's needed) and go take a picture of the long-necks in tribute!

(I heard rumors there was a webcam on the LA Live construction, but I can't seem to find it.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took this a couple weeks ago:

http://flickr.com/photos/ericrichardson/313380756/

LA City Nerd said...

That's what I'm talking about! (I only count 8 in your photo, but I'm sure there were 9.)

Edward Padgett said...

Funny you mentioned the cranes today. As I looked west this morning from 8th and Alameda, one crane was visible. I was wondering what was being built, and you have answered my question. I’ll walk up to the roof of our building tomorrow for a better view.

Anonymous said...

Went through my archive of crane shots, some from last week. Had only 6 at the most. We will go take a look, and a camera.

Anonymous said...

I counted 10 in the area with nearby loft construction. May have to make a collage.