Thursday, May 17, 2007

Know your City Councilmember and Neighborhood Council!

For too long, people have had a hard time figuring out who their representative in the City Council was. They also don't often know in which Neighborhood Council their home or business is located.

So, let's make it easy. Just visit the My Neighborhood page from the Bureau of Engineering and type in an address. You don't have to spell it right or even know the whole address - just type in partials using asterisks and select the option you want.

Find out who represents you on the City Council and on your Neighborhood Council - and then get involved and make the City better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't work for me. I am glad I don't have to rely on a program like that.
PPhilip[

Glen said...

Even better is the My Neighborhood searchbox hiding near the bottom of the right sidebar on the LA City Council page at http://www.lacity.org/council.htm.

It's a really useful collection of locale-specific government/civic information - and not just city services, either.

I'm surprised it's not featured more prominently on the city web site - I always print out a copy to give to new neighbors who move in.

LA City Nerd said...

Yes, the My Neighborhood search box is great, but there is no way to directly link to it. At least this other feature is its own page. It would be great if the NavigateLA page would include all the info from the My Neighborhod searchbox.

Pete said...

HealthyCity.org not only will show you your council member, but also your other elected officials (assembly, senate), plus info on demographics and resources in your neighborhood