Friday, May 25, 2007

What happened to LA's bloggers?

Here's 4 Nerds we don't hear from anymore at their sites:
Mitch Glazer and his Paradox Unbound?
Memo Pisa el Lodo? (link is not working, but neither is she these days)
Kuaptic Nerd
The Echo Park Nerd

And there are also 7 links I removed at right because the sites no longer work/exist, sadly.

Times are a-changin'!

It's not easy to maintain a blog, but it's sad to see an online neighborhood or community portal evaporate. I wonder what the average life of a blog is? Are there are any new blogs out there that need to be added to the Nerd list at the right?

6 comments:

CaHwyGuy - Daniel the California Highway Guy said...

Are there are any new blogs out there that need to be added to the Nerd list at the right?

Well, my journal has been around for 3 years now, is updated daily (although some updates are friends-only), and there are a fair number of updates about los angeles or california's roads. You're welcome to take a look. [If you need to know where I am, I'm in Northridge.]

Miles said...

I've been around for about 5 years and I generally post a few times a week about L.A., culture, the US and my life in Atwater Village. I would be honored to be added.

Anonymous said...

Memo is working on her PhD in Chemistry at CSULA. She may be starting up her blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you free, you can come meet a bunch of them on Saturday June 2nd. We're having an official L.A. Blogger Party for all the local blog writers here in town. Let me know if you're interested, I'll email the details.

Urban Memo said...

correction:

I start doing my PhD in chemistry this Summer at UCR.
**

In terms of blogging....

I intend on creating a new blog that is a little more personal, but its mostly about my interactions with LA.

I will keep MPeL as a site where I document art in the public sphere.

I'll update it in the near future.

Mitch Glaser said...

I'll be back soon, City Nerd.