Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Throwies and Graffiti Research lab

One of the things that irks me most is graffiti. If you look back, you can see through previous posts that this is the case.

Like I've also said, I'm not against creative expression, but just find a way that doesn't ruin other people's (or public) property.

So, when I found out about Graffiti Research Lab, I was intrigued. Here are forms of graffiti that are impactful, but not destructive. I'm especially intrigued with "Throwies": magnetic LEDs that are removable, if reachable or when the magnet no longer "sticks." I've never seen them in L.A., and I'm not encouraging them by any means... but it woudl be cool to see a wall covered in them. The artistic impact would be fantastic, if done in the right magnitude.

I admit to being a City Nerd, but a techno nerd or mechanical nerd I am not. I thought it would be cool to try them out on MY property, but i couldn't figure out how to make them. Here are the instructions I found.

Artistic light installation - graffiti-style - would be cool to see: non-destructive yet quite impactful.

1 comment:

Urban Memo said...

I haven't seen any around yet.