Monday, May 15, 2006

Valley's only famous "Girl"??

As a City Nerd, I don't often read TeenPeople, but I happened upon an interview with Paula Abdul. It was as mushy and loving as she acts on camera. (I've recently noticed a lot of TV coverage of her hugging paparazzi - what's that about?) So, she's being interviewed about the final three American Idol contestants and says of Sherman Oaks resident Katherine McPhee:
"Don't count her out, because teen girls love her. And she lives, like, two blocks away from me! I don't know any other [San Fernando] Valley girls who have become famous, besides myself."

I'm no celebrity stalker or star-struck geek, but I do know that there are a few other women who've grown up in the Valley (specifically Sherman Oaks) and become famous. Jennifer Aniston is still waiting for stardom, I suppose, & Melanie Griffith is still trying to "get there" - both were from Sherman Oaks. Ricki Lake grew up there & so did The Olsen Twins. So, apparently, there are other famous Valley Girls - I wonder if Paula has heard of them?

3 comments:

Scott said...

Lisa Kudrow from Friends, is from Tarzana. Okay, she's not a "star"...but she did have above-the-title billing in a few movies...

Anonymous said...

...and what about Moon Zappa? She can lay claim to singing "Valley Girl"...

Anonymous said...

Didn't Norma Jean Baker graduate from Van Nuys?