Wednesday, November 22, 2006

5 Reasons to be Thankful for Los Angeles

Since it's the Thanksgiving weekend, I'll leave you with this for the next few days:

5 Reasons to be Thankful for Los Angeles

1. We've hosted two Olympics

2. The famous food.

3. Los Angeles Innovation

4. We're the entertainment capital of the world (even if some contest the capital therein!)

5. There is always something interesting and new to do here.

What are your five reasons?



(Don' forget to send your nominations in for the 2006 City Nerd Awards!)

7 comments:

Modern Man said...

1) Weather

2) Fresh produce

3) Concentrated Film Industry

4) Pauly Shore sitings

5) Did I mention the weather?


Check out my blog!

Miles said...

1. Diversity
2. Diversity of Food choices
3. Griffith Park
4. Sunset Junction
5. Neighborhoods like Atwater Village

Edward Padgett said...

1) Comedy seven nights per week

2) Live music seven nights per week

3) Driving with my top down over 300 days of the year.

4) Venice Beach

5) Attractive women

C... said...

My family is all in Los Angeles. Thankful it hasn't fallen into the ocean.

Olvera street food - yum

Anonymous said...

1) Great places to hike

2) Something fun and entertaining to do every night of the week.

3) You can see mountains, trees, valleys, and beaches..all in a 20 minute drive

4) 4 million people of different backgrounds.

5) This is home. I LOVE LA!

Anonymous said...

Yes, for the diversity alone:
1.Geographic - Ocean, mountains, deserts;
2. Culturally - besides the obvious, great blogs!
3. Ethnically - it seems like every nation in the world has a neighborhood here;
4. Economically - astounding wealth, astounding poverty;
5. hmmm, I'll have to get back to you on #5

Anonymous said...

Hey CityNerd- I figure you may know the answer to this....

Is the LAWeekly website down? Not working for some reason? Or am I just crazy?? Or maybe it's banned outside the US? I'm trying to view it from Europe...

Thanks!