Thursday, November 30, 2006

Web Notes on LA

Some things to note about Los Angeles on the last day of November in 2006...

Some claim the Farmer's Market is "The Vortex of Los Angeles" - I'm not sure if I agree.

BloggingLA celebrates victorious emergence from the Terrible Twos.

LA Observed quotes Eli Broad regarding the LA Times - what strikes me about the article is that they spell our origin moniker "Angelino." We're not Italian here, we're from LA - we are Angelenos!

tykejohnson at MetroRiderLA proposes that buses have the right of way. I don't know about that one...

LA Taco says Pie & Burger is awesome, especially the Pie. I totally agree. (I know, it's not in the City, but I still like good pie even if I have to cross over into a City that merely borders Los Angeles. Yes, Pasadena shares the very northeast border of LA City at the communities of Eagle Rock and Garvanza.)

3 comments:

Fred Camino said...

Interesting response to the "Yield to Bus" story over at LAist: LAist: Do Not Yield To The Bus.

What do you know about that Vehicle Code Zach mentioned City Nerd?

Nate said...

that Angeleno spelling confused me as well

Nate said...

and i always yield to the buses, it just seems to make traffic flow sense to me. or else, it's because my dad's a truck driver and i'm sensitive to the big guys' needs.