Saturday, April 28, 2007

Other City Nerds

A reader wrote in and had some bad news: she was forced to move from LA to go to San Fransisco for a job transfer. She said she considered herself a City Nerd of sorts, but since she moved, she was looking for a City blog in San Fransisco with a civic focus.

Now, this City Nerd knows the City of Los Angeles fairly well. But, we can barely understand our neighbors like Culver City and Burbank, let alone San Fransisco. The reader asked a good question though:
"I was curious if you knew of any other City Nerds as yourself around the nation. I am dying for a blog like Los Angeles City Nerd for the San Francisco area."


We're not a network like the -ists or Metroblogging are, but maybe you know of a nerdy city website for another city. Let us know, if you do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A discussion forum that I like a lot is sfcityscape.com. Its focus is on land use and transit for the SF Bay Area with an emphasis on the city of SF itself. Its not exactly like LA City Nerd (then again, what is), but I find that it keeps me abreast of what is going on "civic"-wise.

I used to live in L.A. for many years and lived in the outer reaches of the Bay Area for a while and I'm now on the East Coast. These web sites have kept me in touch with my old stomping grounds, even though I don't visit that often anymore.