Monday, June 12, 2006

Updated Links (over there -->)

I did my best to update my links at the right to reflect more accurately the blogs and sites I read. I've added a few that were missing and moved some around, too.

Here are the newest ones on my list:
Metro Rider Nerd
LAFD Blog
LAPD Nerds
Traffic Sucks Nerd
Kuaptic Nerd
CD13 & CD11 Nerds (both City Councilmen have blogs on their sites that are rather amusing)
LA Fire Photo Nerds
Central City East Nerd
(I also added the Life & Times blog link under Media.)

Sadly, though, I had to delete what I thought would be one of my favorite linked sites: Bob Hertznerd (bigideas4la.com) - it's dead.

Then, there are a few that promise to return but, for now, have not been updated in a while. I moved them to hiatus...
Los Feliz Nerd
Sherman Oaks Nerd
Valley Days Nerd

Is there any other blog that I should be reading but I'm not?

Also, there seems to be such a large concentration of blogs and LA-centric sites based in the east, central & Westside of the city. Silver Lake to Echo Park to Downtown to Hollywood to Eagle Rock to Lincoln Heights - these communities are well represented. The Valley has it's fair share of representation as well (though not proportionally to its size!), but what's surprising is the lack of sites and posts relating to the areas generally around and south of the 10, except for South Central Farmers, LAX Issues, & the occasional tragedy or film. I do my best to present all of the City, but it's not easy when no one else talks about Willowbrook, Harbor Gateway, Westchester, West Adams, Baldwin Hills, Watts, Athens-on-the-Hill, Wilmington, etc. And we don't hear much from areas like Pico-Union, MacArthur Park, Carthay Circle, etc. either. So, look around our great City and show the fullest picture. And please, let me know if there are blogs or sites out there with regular community updates relating to the other parts of the City.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link LA Nerd! I check your blog daily... really appreciate your 250 ways to celebrate LA stuff. Keep reading MetroRiderLA to see how we can best get to all those great things without using a car.

Anonymous said...

err. i mean 225 ways to celebrate LA of course.